cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Jabber Globally

jroberts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone. I am a serious novice when it comes to Jabber and the Cisco phone system. This is a new install for us and we farmed out the work, so please excuse my ignorance.

I am preparing to push the Jabber install through group policy and would like to make a few minor config changes. They are specifically to remove the docked window, and to auto-launch at login.

It's my impression that the best way to do this is through jabber-config.xml. Is that correct? 

I've been playing with the config generator, but I get an error about not having an "Aggregate Telemetry Label". And I'm unsure if that is necessary, or if there is any other necessary entries. I believe connection discovery is configured through DNS.

Is there a good way to test these settings locally before uploading to TFTP?

This is what my xml file currently looks like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
<Options>
<DockedWindowVisible>false</DockedWindowVisible>
<Start_Client_On_Start_OS>true</Start_Client_On_Start_OS>
</Options>
<Policies>
<ServicesDomainSsoEmailPrompt>OFF</ServicesDomainSsoEmailPrompt>
</config>

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can rename your .xml something else besides jabber-config.xml and have just one device use it for testing purposes.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_8/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-for-cisco-jabber/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-for-cisco-jabber_chapter_01111.html#CJAB_TK_CC291813_00

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Will I upload it to the TFTP server and how will my Jabber client know what file to look for? Also, am I missing any required info in my xml above?

Did you look at the link I provided?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate