cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM AXL API usage time interval _2

azi123
Level 1
Level 1

I think I asked this question on the wrong board, but I couldn't find any way to delete that discussion. So here, I ask it again:

Hi,

In the CUCM AXL API documentation, it is written that these APIs are not for real-time usage.
My question is the amount of shortest time interval for using these APIs continuously. Can I call an API every 15 seconds? Or even for a longer period of time? Like every 30 seconds or every 1 min?
Using API in this way lead to any bad consequences?

2 Replies 2

BalajiSivaraj49175
Spotlight
Spotlight

Following are different types API used and can be retrieved from CLI DIR path

API Calls
• addAARGroup
• addApplicationToSoftkeyTemplate
• addCommonProfile
• addDeviceMobility
• addDeviceMobilityGroup
• addDirectedCallPark
• addMeetMe
• addMOHServer
• addPhoneTemplate
• addPhysicalLocation
• addSoftKeyTemplate
• addTranscoder
• getAARGroup
• getCommonProfile
• getDeviceMobility
• getDeviceMobilityGroup
• getDirectedCallPark

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't understand the above reply to this.

I was going to reply the other day but I don't have the real answer. There's some consideration in the developer documentation for connection reuse, and I would encourage using the cookies for session reuse instead of authenticating every time to avoid filling the audit log and saving some CPU. I don't think it has any specific throttling unlike RIS which either throttles or breaks, you just end up consuming more CPU and it gets slower.

I've slammed AXL pretty hard with Jabber bulk provisioning, and have some utilities which do pretty frequent polling, and other than the CPU increase that comes with that, have not had a problem. You could consider using listProcessNode or something to find available AXL nodes and distribute your requests.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: