Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 2.5 M5 Patch 1 Cert error

mbhnt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We've just updated our CWMS 2.5 system to MR5 patch 1 and all seemed to go ok. However, when ever we now attempt to start or join a Webex meeting we get the certificate error message shown in the attachment.

Is there a fix for this issue??

Clicking 'connect anyway' allows the Webex to start and works OK but we'd prefer to resolve the underlying issue.

Any help gratefully received.

5 Replies 5

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

There are no known issues with SSL certs on 2.5 MR5 patch 1 version level.

Can you provide more information on what version you were before the update and how you updated your system?

Is this popping up when you access WebEx Site URL, or when the meeting client starts to load?

When you access WebEx Site URL, do you see any errors related to the SSL cert?

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Previously we were running version 2.5.1.29  and we updated to 2.5.1.5033 first, then applied MR5 patch 1 so we're now running 2.5.1.5051.B-AE.

The error pops up when the meeting client loads and prompts for the audio join. The WebEx site URL runs fine with no certificate errors.

We've also update the client to Version 29.13.14.10008 but the problem is still persisting.

Thank you for this information.

This might be an issue similar to Error 23 seen by some customers. Do the PCs used in your environment have full access to the internet or the environment is somewhat restricted?

If restricted, take a look at this discussion for possible workaround  https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12544906/webex-error-23-after-upgrade-25-mr5

I hope this will help.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

I installed the Trustis Intermediate certificate into the '‘Intermediate Certification Authorities’ store of my PC and the error went away :)

We're making arrangements to do this to all the PC's within our AD Domain but I guess the error will continue for users joining from outside our organisation.

We've logged a TAC case so hopefully the issue will get resolved in a new patch as a priority.

Hi Dejan - Just been reading this post you wrote a while ago -> https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12367906/cwms-ssl-certificates-intermediate-ssl-cert-chains-and-different-cwms-versions

Our current 2.5 CMWS was upgraded from 1.5 a few months ago and I'm now suspecting the upgrade we carried out earlier has triggered a problem with the certificate chain on CMWS being in the incorrect order??