Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 2.6 (on prem) with LDAP sync - user in inactive status avec LDAP sync

Hi Team,

I need your opinion on that :

A user has become inactive on CWMS and CUCM ( i don't know what appen on LDAP server)  and has reverted active on LDAP and CUCM. After LDAP Sync, this user don't want to reverte active on CWMS. (email not change and we think  nothing has changed).

Normally this user must become active after LDAP sync ? (it's writing on troubleshoting guide)

But not in my situation.

What is the action plan ?

It's possible to delete the user in DB of CWMS and after a sync the user appear like a new (and active) user ? (with a SR on TAC)

Best Regrads

Philippe

4 Replies 4

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Philippe,

If user i reactivated on CUCM, after sync between CWMS and CUCM, the account should be re-activated on CWMS. If an e-mail address is changed on this account on CUCM, it would create a new account on CWMS. 

Maybe sync between CWMS and CUCM hasn't completed entirely and you might want to try it again. 

As for deletion of the profile, that is not possible to do even by TAC/Engineering team as there is not tested procedure to do so in CLI. 

If the account is for sure active on CUCM/LDAP, try syncing CWMS with CUCM one more time and see if that will activate the account on CWMS.

Make sure the account is not Inactive but Inactive* - which means deactivated by LDAP. If the account is just Inactive (without *),then that means it was manually deactivated on CWMS, and not deactivated by LDAP, so you can activate it manually on CWMS.

Also, check if you have enough permanent licenses available for this account to use when being reactivated. If the account had a permanent license installed and was deactivated, to reactivate it you need to have a permanent license available.

If the account is Inactive* even after the sync, then we would need to investigate the logs to see what is happening.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Before post here, i wait maybe 10 sync (1 / day).

The user is well in state "inactive*" and have no licence yet. There is 4326 free licence in system.

I don't find this user on log "UserSyncReport" (in LDAP integration section).

Witch log can i investigate ?

Thank for your help.

Dejan,

Sorry for this post.

i just perform a FULL sync and all is ok. the user has become active...

I see that a full sync isn't possible on Schedule task .... the check box automatic uncheck when i check it and save ..... 

Thank for your time

Best Regards

Thank you for the update, Philippe. I am glad you resolved the issue by running a full sync.

Kind regards,

-Dejan