Replies

CWMS 250 user deployment

Nishad Ismail
Level 1
Level 1

We have 75 Webex host license now ,In 50 user System

I believe we should move to 250 user system to utilize the 75 user license

I am planning to expand the 50 user system to 250 user 

Whether i need to deploy two VMs(Admin &Media) in seperate VMs?

Or with one 250 user Admin System VM ?

Please suggest

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nishad,

Licences don't define capacity of the system, but the deployment size does.

On your 50 user system, you can have 200 hosts and 200 licenses. All that means is that you will have 200 users that have the privilege to host meetings, but 50 user size capacity defines that there could only be 50 participants in conferences on the system at the same time. 

Hence, to utilize 75 host licenses, you don't necessarily need to expand the system, as the system size doesn't dictate that.

Still, if you do want to expand to 250 users, please review this specific document for details on how to deploy the new (expanded system) and migrate data from the original system to the new one: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_7/Administration_Guide/cwms_b_cwms-administration-2-7/cwms_b_cwms-administration-2-7_chapter_0111.html

Let me know if this document helps or if you have more questions.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nishad,

Licences don't define capacity of the system, but the deployment size does.

On your 50 user system, you can have 200 hosts and 200 licenses. All that means is that you will have 200 users that have the privilege to host meetings, but 50 user size capacity defines that there could only be 50 participants in conferences on the system at the same time. 

Hence, to utilize 75 host licenses, you don't necessarily need to expand the system, as the system size doesn't dictate that.

Still, if you do want to expand to 250 users, please review this specific document for details on how to deploy the new (expanded system) and migrate data from the original system to the new one: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_7/Administration_Guide/cwms_b_cwms-administration-2-7/cwms_b_cwms-administration-2-7_chapter_0111.html

Let me know if this document helps or if you have more questions.

-Dejan

Thanks Dejan ...

one more query ..Is it possible to remove the few Country Codes from Call-Me number ?

Hi Nishad,

It is not possible to do that on CWMS side. You would need to limit call backs to specific country codes via CUCM configuration.

Please, let me know of any questions.

-Dejan