Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 3.0 without IRP but mobile Apps required

dirk.fidorski
Beginner
Beginner

Hi all,

in the planning guide for CWMS i still find that mobile access is not possible without IRP, which is ok.

However I have a customer, that would like to use IOS/Android apps, while being in the Campus LAN, so the CWMS (internal-only) is reachable.

I reviewed the documentation another time and also found this passage:

When using a cellular data network, mobile users join the meeting through the Internet to the Internet Reverse Proxy. When using a local Wi-Fi connection, mobile users join the meeting using one of the following methods:

• Internet Reverse Proxy (non-split-horizon network topology)

• Directly through the internal virtual machines (split-horizon network topology)

The last sentence sounds like mobile user can join directly through the internal virtual machine...

I feel the term "mobile" is used in two ways in Documentation, one time meaning a user that is "not on local LAN" and one time for Users with mobile phones (Android/IOS Apps), right?

Can you please clarify:

1) Is an IRP still mandatory if we want to use IOS/Android Apps, while assuming the smartphones are all on the internal LAN/Wi-Fi? (It is clear it won't work from internet/4G/etc...)

2) If 1 is "yes", is it then possible/supported to deploy IRP in the internal LAN without opening 80/443 inbound through firewalls, to use it as a fully internal system? (I assume yes)

3) Basically to me one sentence in documentation is irritating either the one from above:

- When using a local Wi-Fi connection, mobile users join the meeting [...] Directly through the internal virtual machines (split-horizon network topology)

or this one:

- [About Split Horizon] This configuration can only support mobile access from a public IP (internet) network. Mobile access is not supported on an internal (intranet) network.

Which one is correct?

(Source: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/3_0/Planning_Guide/cwms_b_planning-guide-system-requirements-cwms-3-0/cwms_b_planning-guide-system-requirements-cwms-3-0_chapter_010.html#reference_9CBD388D92F346DE95169AF01B2740BA )

Thanks

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: