Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory sync using cloud connector for CMR cloud

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We have a customer who wants to use webex (CMR cloud) along with SPARK.

We initially though to enable SSO for webex site, however not all of users would be domains users. Reading through Cisco docs i came to know that i can't enable SSO along with local users on a webex site. Only local user work in this case would be admin users.

Hence i am thinking can i import the user using a directory sync connector to webex site, pretty much like we do for spark ? Also does this connector also sync the password ?

Sorry, i haven't used it in past, hence i have this query.

Thanks.

Alok

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johnkuntz
Level 1
Level 1

If the directory sync is the same as it is for Spark (Which it should be). It will delete any users that it does not find in your active directory. You can filter by OU or use other LDAP filters. If you wanted to use a generic account, you'd have to create the user in the Active Directory OU that you are syncing. i.e. Create a "Meetings" user in AD and I believe it would require an email address as well. The directory Sync tool, does NOT sync passwords to my knowledge.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

johnkuntz
Level 1
Level 1

If the directory sync is the same as it is for Spark (Which it should be). It will delete any users that it does not find in your active directory. You can filter by OU or use other LDAP filters. If you wanted to use a generic account, you'd have to create the user in the Active Directory OU that you are syncing. i.e. Create a "Meetings" user in AD and I believe it would require an email address as well. The directory Sync tool, does NOT sync passwords to my knowledge.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: