Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Jabber Reset Option?

rchaseling
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Have a customer deploying Jabber 11.X company wide on laptops and will also have Jabber MRA enabled via Expressway for external access.

They have a security request that users cannot have the ability to logout of their client, reset the settings and then potentially connect login to another Jabber MRA deployment. I understand that this would be an unusual occurance but have to come back to them with an answer all the same.

I can see I can use a parameter in jabber-config file to make the username "read only" but this still allows the user to logout and reset Jabber settings. Can the "Reset Cisco Jabber" option be disabled either globally or individually? I would say no but thought I'd ask........

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you cannot, they'll have to understand the product just cannot do what they're asking.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you cannot, they'll have to understand the product just cannot do what they're asking.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for confirming Jaime

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: