cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do you want Jabber to open this link?

nicksevening
Level 1
Level 1

We recently deployed 12.9.x (.3 due to CVE) and we are getting complaints from teams about the change inside Jabber when opening a link.  Before, and still this way in Webex, you click the link and it opens.  Now in Cisco Jabber if anyone clicks a link sent in chat, it opens a pop up asking, "Do you want Jabber to open this link?" and you click Open and it opens it in Chrome or whatever your default browser is.

Is there a parameter i cant find to stop this behavior or something else going on?  Although the change seems small, and undocumented from what i can tell, it has seemed to really hit a nerve with our users.  We went through the same when they changed how images are displayed inside a chat, which still angers some but it had a decent reason.  It would be nice if these types of changes were included in the Release Notes so we could let our users know whats changing for better or worse.

Thanks for the input.  

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I do agree, it should be documented in the RNs, and you can provide that feedback to your SE to they don't overlook this changes in the documentation.

Now, the bad news is that the behavior is not configurable, it seems the change was introduced due to this security issue:

https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-jabber-G3NSjPn7

This is per design to address the above, you can discuss this with your SE as well and see if a PER can be submitted for this, I'm not sure how it works when the changes were introduced because of a security advisory

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate