cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Doubts Jabber for Windows

sat.datos.mdtel
Level 1
Level 1

I have purchased a BE6000 solution and I installed the followings virtual machines:

-CUCM 8.6.2

-Cisco Unity Connection 8.6.2

-Cisco Unified Presence 8.6.4.

I configured the CUCM, Cisco Unity Connection and Cisco Unified Presence and I did the integration of the CUC (Cisco Unity Connection) and CUP (Cisco Unified Presence) with the Cisco CallManager via SIP.

I think that my configuration is OK.

I also added the CSF phones on CUCM.

I didn´t syncronize with LDAP

I also configured my TFTP server on CUP. I configure as my TFTP server the Cisco CallManager.

My issue is that when after installing Cisco Jabber on a PC I try to log on Cisco Jabber and I get the message "Username o Password Incorrect" and I write the correct user and password.

I read in "Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.0.x Administration Guide" that I have to do a xml file with some settings and to upload in CallManager.

I am confused because I don´t know which settings to configure in XML file. Must be loaded this XML file on CallManager?

Could this be the reason why I can not log on Cisco Jabber installed on my PC?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that's unrelated to your problem.

Review the config guide:

Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.0.x Administration Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I read the Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.0.x Administration Guide I have a doubt.

I have a on-premises deployment model. I can see in the document in the section called 8.6.x On-Premises Deployment Architecture that Directory has to be Microsoft Active Directory or LDAP directory.

Could my problem related to my problem?.

I didn´t make the integration between CUCM and LDAP directory / Microsoft Active Directory. Do I have to do the integration between CUCM and LDAP directory / Microsoft Active Directory if I want to install Jabber on the users PC ?

With the Jabber I use the CUCM directory.

Regards

You need to use either LDAP or UDS for Jabber, we heavily rely on the directory information for many of the functionalities from Jabber.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you very much for your help,

sorry Jaime, but it is the first time I install Jabber.

Do I have any configuration on CUCM to enable User Data Service (UDS) or only I have to specify UDS in the jabber-config.xml global configuration file and to upload the file to TFTP server (CallManager) ?

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: