Views
Helpful
Replies

EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange for Jabber 11 and Outlook365

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm trying to setup saving chat history to Outlook365.I have Jabber 11 and also setup the following parameters in jabber-config.xml

<EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>true</EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>

<ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>false</ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>  (this should be set to false according to the new deployment guide)

It talks about saving chat history to the "Cisco Jabber Chats" folder.But doesn't say how to configure it.Do I need to create it or does it have to have a specific name??

I can't help feeling I'm missing something here but I'm stuck now.Anyone looked at this yet?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You must set up a method of authentication for the client to authenticate with the Exchange server. .

If you do not specify an authentication method, then users must manually input their Exchange credentials into the client, in the Outlook tab of the Options menu.

You have two options

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

So I have kind of fixed it .I had to manually set the internal and external server addresses to Outlook.office365.com.I then created the "Cisco Jabber Chats" folder and low and behold it started working.

However the issue I have now is it needs the password to be entered for the account in the Options/Outlook section in Jabber.

I don't have SSO enable or AD integration but I'm unclear if SSO will fix it.If anyone knows please let me know.

Hi,

You must set up a method of authentication for the client to authenticate with the Exchange server. .

If you do not specify an authentication method, then users must manually input their Exchange credentials into the client, in the Outlook tab of the Options menu.

You have two options