cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you disable mute and unmute audio feedback?

ackvf
Level 1
Level 1

In a WebEx Meeting Center app, in an ongoing meeting, when pressing button to mute/unmute your own microphone, an audio confirmation "Mute on", "Mute off" is heard.

1) This feedback can be very loud if other member's audio is silent and you need to raise your overall volume

2) The sound duration is very long and the ongoing conference cannot be heard in the meantime

How can one disable this sound?

/edit: The issue is in a computer app with computer audio.

15 Replies 15

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
It's not possible to change or disable the voice message when you mute/unmute your audio through the telephone.

Hi Patrick and thank you for your reply, however, I wasn't connected through a telephone, but using computer audio.

@Patrick Sparkman

Hm, I haven't experienced that through the computer, only via telephone.

Hi,

In my company, we use "Cisco UC Intergration for Microsoft Lync" (version 11.6.3 build 49390) to telephone (phone call, audio conferences). It is very disturbing to mute because I hear the mute message (in my USB Plantronics headset) instead of hearing the people on the phone. It is a real problem.

I can't understand this warning message can't be disabled. I use the mute function very often and it is very very annoying.

A lot of people can't stand this message.

Is it possible to investigate this problem?

Thank you in advance

Hi again,

My problem seems to come from my Plantronics software installed with the Plantronics headset.

So no link with Cisco in fact. Sorry.

I agree this is very disturbing, as it is common to go in and out of mute in a call and I would prefer to do it without the disturbance of ladyvoice: "TO UNMUTE YOUR LINE - BLA BLA BLA BLA..."

I also haven't found the setting to turn this off. Please advice. Using computer audio and webex browser app.

Why is not developed this option? This sound is annoying.

Not possible at all to decrease the volume of this sound or disable it !

Please add an option to turn off the beep sound for mute/unmute.
The sound is annoying and even though it can't be heard by the other participants, it could be heard on the meeting record.
In addition, this issue is regularly brought to you since at least 2017. It shouldn't be that hard.

ackvf
Level 1
Level 1

So, time has passed, but the audio feedback that mute is on or off is really annoying. I have to mute/unmute quite often during a conference, but the duration and volume of the message makes it painful. Is there a way to remove the sound - either in settings or completely delete the file from hard drive?

ekar
Level 1
Level 1

any solution by now?

Hello

Is there a solution for this annoying feature?

Can someone from Cisco state, at least, if this feedback was sent to their engineering for software improvement?

Thanks

Use VOIP only when choosing Audio Conference Setting. no mute/unmute beep but using Webex Audio it does.

cons: cannot connect webex webapp, no dial-in, call-using-computer-audio-only.

I confirm I also have this on Webex standard web usage.

This is very annoying !!

Rick-Anthony
Level 1
Level 1

If you hear the words “Mute On” or “Mute Off” then there is an additional control layer on top of the default behavior. This is delivered by your headset manufacturer. I have a Plantronics USB PLT headset which plays the female voice “Mute On” and “Mute Off” message. This is built in to the firmware on the headset itself.

You can change it into a single beep tone when you install the Plantronics Hub PC software (or the PLT Manager Pro for enterprises) – Download here: http://www.plantronics.com/us/support/enterprise-software/#downloads

Source to detailed solution : https://blog.valeconsulting.co.uk/2017/02/10/skype-for-business-conference-and-mute-off-with-plantronics-and-others-headsets/