Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to understand how the TFTP works

xtgb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I need to understand how the TFTP works. I used the following command to install Jabber:

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi /quiet CLEAR=1 PRODUCT_MODE=Phone_Mode AUTHENTICATOR=CUCM TFTP=1.2.3.4

And everything worked fine, but I tried to unistall and reinstall Jabber using a wrong TFTP wrong on purpose and still I was able to loggin on Jabber so... how it's works Jabber? My thought was that Jabber download the config file each time an user launch the softphone but since I can login with a wrong TFTP server address... Means that the config file is downloaded the first time I launched Jabber, maybe on my local user folder, and the following times I launch Jabber get the file from there? Where can I find the config file? A user who has never launch Jabber, if my thought is correct, should have problems to download the file with the wrong TFTP right?

Another question, how can I set up  secondary TFTP? Just adding another TFTP like this?

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi /quiet CLEAR=1 PRODUCT_MODE=Phone_Mode AUTHENTICATOR=CUCM TFTP=1.2.3.4 TFTP=4.3.2.1

Many thanks

Regards

2 Replies 2

Jose Figueredo
Level 1
Level 1
Hello.
Have you tried with another ftpt software? There are many other options you can test.
And if you want a second server, I think you need a second network interface with a valid IP configured so the server can hear in that interface.

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your reply. We're not using any ftp client and regarding the secondary tftp, I only need to know how to set it up during Jabber installation, the network thing is already done.

Thanks

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: