Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to understand how the TFTP works

xtgb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I need to understand how the TFTP works. I used the following command to install Jabber:

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi /quiet CLEAR=1 PRODUCT_MODE=Phone_Mode AUTHENTICATOR=CUCM TFTP=1.2.3.4

And everything worked fine, but I tried to unistall and reinstall Jabber using a wrong TFTP wrong on purpose and still I was able to loggin on Jabber so... how it's works Jabber? My thought was that Jabber download the config file each time an user launch the softphone but since I can login with a wrong TFTP server address... Means that the config file is downloaded the first time I launched Jabber, maybe on my local user folder, and the following times I launch Jabber get the file from there? Where can I find the config file? A user who has never launch Jabber, if my thought is correct, should have problems to download the file with the wrong TFTP right?

Another question, how can I set up  secondary TFTP? Just adding another TFTP like this?

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi /quiet CLEAR=1 PRODUCT_MODE=Phone_Mode AUTHENTICATOR=CUCM TFTP=1.2.3.4 TFTP=4.3.2.1

Many thanks

Regards

2 Replies 2

Hello.
Have you tried with another ftpt software? There are many other options you can test.
And if you want a second server, I think you need a second network interface with a valid IP configured so the server can hear in that interface.

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your reply. We're not using any ftp client and regarding the secondary tftp, I only need to know how to set it up during Jabber installation, the network thing is already done.

Thanks

Regards