Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 4.4 & The Call Status Indicator

Hello,

We just upgraded from Jabber Video 4.3 to the current 4.4 version.  We have now lost ALL call status indicators on the 'upgraded' systems.  By “Call Status Indicator”, I am specifically referring to the color coded orbs next to people's names that indicate  (Online / Available / Busy In Call / Offline)  ...

Also - 4.4 users have lost the clickable status 'selector'... and therefor, cannot choose their current status.

It is also interesting to note that users still on 4.3,  are showing all 4.4 users as being "Offline",  even though they are Online and can be dialed.

Lastly -  Uninstalling 4.4 and going back to 4.3,  brings back the status indicators, and all appears to be well.

Please Advise on the functionality / issues with 4.4 status indicators - Thank You!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This just means that when the provisioning parameters were applied, specific software (movi) and a version (4.3) was selected.  Worth mentioning that all of the parameters we use are applied to neither a specific client or version.  This is likely why we didn't have any trouble with the new version.

You should review your parameters in TMS, at whatever level they are configured, and see if Adding them as either totally client generic or at a minimum non-version specific works for you.  Partial scrape below of some of our parameters:

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Interesting, I've been running 4.4.3.14479 since we saw it drop with the "free" edition (you could unlock it via registry changes) none of the issues you report have manifested.  It largely behaves just as the old one did.  I just uninstalled and tried the regular enterprise version installer, still no problems.

Are you on Windows or Mac?  All my experience has been with the Windows version.

I Can say the 4.4 (14479) on a Mac also behaves as it should.

Besides Fredericks remark regarding the OS you should also mention on such questions

which VCS and TMS versions you use and if anything is different to a standard deployment.

I would check that the 4.4 xml device template is uploaded to the TMS provisioning directory,

all the provisioning parameters are properly set and that the TMS Agent Diagnostics is ok

Besides that checking on the zone auth settings and generic VCS checkup never harmed

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello and thanks much for the replies...

We are a Win7 x64 environment.    We are using the downloaded version of Jabber Video from the Cisco website.

TMS Version 13.1.2  and I believe we are using VCS 7.0.2

I can see that we only have the movi [4.3] listed on our Provisioning template, so that might be the the problem.  Where would we find the 4.4 device template??    (Apologies for my 'green'-ness to this,  as I am not the person who installed our VC infrastructure.)

It's an XML file inside the zip file you downloaded for for Jabber Video 4.4. 

Though note that I didn't need to apply it to our TMS (same version) to get 4.4 working in our case..

Okay, got it... and uploaded the template into TMS on our Provisioning page.

After uninstall/reinstall of Jabber on my machine, I am still not seeing the Status Indicators.

Also - noting,  in TMS on my user account in Provisioning,  it is still showing as the movi [4.3]   next to all of the configurations.    Is there a way to force refresh it to 4.4 ?

This just means that when the provisioning parameters were applied, specific software (movi) and a version (4.3) was selected.  Worth mentioning that all of the parameters we use are applied to neither a specific client or version.  This is likely why we didn't have any trouble with the new version.

You should review your parameters in TMS, at whatever level they are configured, and see if Adding them as either totally client generic or at a minimum non-version specific works for you.  Partial scrape below of some of our parameters:

Thanks again for your help...  will try that and get back to you asap.

BINGO...  Frederick,  that solved the problem.  I recreated all the provisioning parameters to not have any model/version specified.     And the Status Indicator lights are back working.

You rock - Thanks a ton!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: