Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber AD Problems

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

I am having problems with AD over all devices. I have the AD server defined on the Presence server.

Desktop - Can search AD, but users show up as User ID eg. I am searching for John Smith, so I type Joh... and then user jsmith will appear in the results, not the full name. Similarly when added to contacts, this shows their User ID and not full name.

Mobile clients - Can't search the AD at all, it doesn't find any users. I have tried entering the AD details locally on the device and via the device configuration on CUCM.

Thanks

Sean

15 Replies 15

j.faure
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

In fact i had exactly the same pb that Sean Mcquade , except that i'm using the last version of Jabber IPAD client in which we've to enter the email address for authentication to the CUPS then we can configure access to the CUCM .

Also i've configured LDAP profile in the CUPS for CUPS connectivity : authentication with my email address , i guess it's using DNS SRV service to find  the CUPS server , fine it's working and connecting , but NO LDAP connectivity.

I've also configured LDAP parameters under the CUCM , specific parameters for CUCM connectivity , i can connect to the CUCM with my username/password , but once again NO LDAP connectivity . Impossible to search contact in the phone screen , i can use phone with phone number but not with contact.

Config is correct because i'm using same CUPS configuration for IM Iphone and Android and it's working. Same things for specifc parameters configuration in the CUCM for Iphone mode softphone.

Thanks