cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber and Extension Mobility

Chad Pfeffer
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to this Collaboration group so I apologize if this topic has already been discussed in the past.  I am looking at a scenario in which I will have many iPhones in a shared-use environment with the Jabber voice app on each phone.  With that said, I'd like to hear any input or feedback from those who may currently use Extension Mobility with the Jabber application in a shared-use environment.  Did it work well?  What challenges were there, if any?  To the Cisco folks, what are the considerations to be made and to take into account?

Message was edited on April 19, 2013:  Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

1 Reply 1

TROND OSTRADT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chad,

I've used the Jabber for iphone for a while and it works ok. We've been using extension mobility for years and this was a must in order to consider the jabber.iphone, so Yes it works. However I do see some problems if my extension is logged off, ie no phones attached. This might be a small config mistake at my end, I have not looked into it. Out ccm cluster is 8.6

As we're also using uccx (8.5) I've also tested the CAD in this scenario and this also works ok.

I have not tested the mobility option yet, ie to move the call between the iphone and the office phone yet.

But, things started to be a bit complicated when I wanted to test the cisco jabber for ipad:)

the ipad option allows for a VCS and a CCM profile connection. the Vcs (video) works nicely, but if I try to connect the CCM line (into my ccm extension) it does not work correctly and the might be some issues with my jabber for iphone when I do this. Again, this is most likely a config error at my end, I have not payed to much attention to this - as the Video option on the ipad was my goal

Hope this can sched some light into this jungle of options:)

trond

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: