cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber call control licensing question

Matt Reeve
Level 1
Level 1

So if i have a client with BE6K and Enhanced licening with Jabber Desktop client and a physical 8861 handset can i click on the "use my phone for calls" option and select my Cisco 8961 handset ? or would i need to use Enhanced plus? i am unsure as the Jabber client isnt acting as a full voice client as such so i want to ensure i have the correct answer.

I ideally would like a document link to back up the answer as evidence.

Thanks                 

2 Replies 2

Donald Jones
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you can. You would only need Enhanced Plus license if you wanted to add softphone capability to Jabber, extend Jabber voice and video to a mobile device or have a second deskphone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_1/JABW_BK_E4CC9599_00_environment-configuration-guide_chapter_010.html#JABW_TK_C6049548_00

Thanks,

Don

HI All,

Platform

Cisco Unified CM Administration

System version: 9.1.2.10000-28

Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence

System version: 9.1.1.31900-1

JABBER: 9.2.6 build 12639

Windows Client 7/8

Question

With No. 1 of user profiles + No 1 Connect Licensing Enhanced (9.X) (NO PLUS) can do you configure two devices voice (6941 handset + deskstop Jabber client) and by "end user GUI" select which one to keep active?

Only one device support at the same time for voice capability: 6941 handset or deskstop Jabber client.

Many thanks