cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber CIPC integration

Jabber 9.2.5

CUCM 9.1.1.20000-5

CUCM IM 9.1.1.20000-5

Jabber integration works fine with a deskphone, but not with a softphone. There is a lot of older documentation floating around so I wanted to make sure the exact requirements to get this going.

I have a user is tied to the device itself (CIPC) AND the CSF device (this confuses me also)

The line appearance association is the DN on the CIPC and the DN on the CSF.

The user permissions are: CCM end user, CTI enabled, CTI allow control of all devices

The CIPC device is registered with the correct user id

The CSF device does not say it is registered, it has the correct user id, the primary phone is the CIPC device.

Both devices have "allow control of device from cti" checked

I have the red X at the bottom of the client, even though when I take the CIPC off hook I see it change to "on a call"

I hate the terminology "deskphone mode" or "softphone mode" as if theres a button or switch to push in the settings. What does either really mean? What am I missing here!?

3 Replies 3

mmilic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jeff,

You can controll only one of those two devices at a time either CSF (which is actually softphone) or CIPC device (which would here be deskphone even though this is soft client. This is because CIPC is basically emulating 7970 phone and it behaves completely like it, and it's controlled by Jabber using CTI). So to be able to controll it, if everything is configured properly, you would need to open dropdown menu (the one you see with red X), and choose "Use my phone for calls"->"Cisco IP Communicator" option. After this Jabber should establish CTI connection with CIPC (you can look up the status of this connection under help->"show connection status" menu item). Your configuration of CIPC device should be pretty much the same as of any other hard phone (that works for you), and you dont need CTI controll enabled for CSF device. Also CSF device should report as registerd only while in use (so while you are in softphone mode).

If this still doesnt work properly please collect Jabber PRT and attach it to this thread and I can take a look.

Regards,

Marko

Under connection status in jabber 9.2.5 I don't even have an ip address under CCMCIP address.

I didn't think a CCMCIP profile was needed for newer clients. I can define one and map that to the user and it will in fact add the ip address under softphone in connection status, but it still does not work. Red X.

What am I missing?

Hi Jeff,

You do need CCMCIP profile, it is used to find the list of devices for your loged in user. Could you please give me output of your connection status? You could go to help->show connection status menu option. On this new screen you can press copy button and paste the output here.

Thanks,

Marko