cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client overriding Call using iPhone drives me mad!

Louis Slabbert
Level 1
Level 1

I've been so frustrated with Jabber client for overriding the "Call using iPhone" feature on Mac and having no apparent place to revert the setting.

I've not yet tried completely uninstalling Jabber as I need it for the daily grind.. but DO not need it when needing to call using my iPhone from my Mac.

PROBLEM: when clicking on "call XYZ using iPhone" it opens Jabber..

a) how do I configure this to NOT open with Jabber OR open with Jabber (when I want to)

causes

1 Reply 1

Louis Slabbert
Level 1
Level 1

I finally figured it out how to stop Cisco Jabber opening then I try "Call using iPhone" feature on Mac/.

The "tel" URL is overtaken by Jabber Client without any way within the software to modify this. so you have to do it within the Operating System.

You can reset it by messing around inside

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices/com.apple.launchservices.secure.plist

or an easy way.

It holds an array called LSHandlers, and the Dictionary children that define an LSHandlerURLScheme can be modified accordingly with the LSHandlerRole.

Rather than manually editing this file, you can also use RCDefaultApp, which gives you a nice Preference Pane (…doesn't work in OSX 10.11 anymore).

Easy way:

Download and use RCDefaultApp

from

http://www.rubicode.com/Software/Bundles.html#RCDefaultApp

Then adjust tel URL to point to Facetime again

You're welcome. Glad that irritation is over.