cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber client: Phone Service not Available ; no internal or external dns server. no MRA

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

I faced problem with jabber client. It fresh install for cucm and IMP , 12.5 version. currently there are no AD and DNS server present in the network. integration went on smoothly. but when i created created profile for jabber windows
1. CSF Phone profile created.
2. Create local user
3. CTI enabled and CCM enabled role assigned to user
4. create UC service profile
5. assigned imp service proviel to local user
6. assigned CSF Phone to user.
7. CSF owner ID selected.

8. since no dns server at this stage, changed server names to IP address in CUCM.

jabber can login but No phone service in cisco Jabber.

jabber status shows for CTI as follows:
Softphone - Unhealthy
Protocol: SIP
Reason:Connection error. Ensure the server information in the Phone Services tab on the Options window is correct. Contact your system administrator for assistance.
Address: (CCMCIP) (Unknown)

Deskphone - Unhealthy
Protocol: CTI
Reason:Connection error. Ensure the server information in the Phone Services tab on the Options window is correct. Contact your system administrator for assistance.
Address: (CTI) (Unknown)

3 Replies 3

Devansh
Level 1
Level 1

If you have updated CUC server IP address in the Service profile and you do not have voice mail box. you will get this kind of issue. Please assign a service profile which does not update CUC server ip address.

its true that there was CUC server in service profile. and as u told no voice mail box. i removed now CUC server from service profile and then tried. but results were same. no difference. still phone service not available showing.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd wait until DNS and the SRVs are deployed to test Jabber, but you can review the PRT to find out the exact reason it's failing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate