Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPad, photo issue

tigh.holmstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently testing jabber on my iPad, everything (Call,Search,Chat)  seems to work fine, except contact photo does not show. I had it working great on my iPhone and window, but for some reason the iPad does not.

I will appreciate any help! THANKS

7 Replies 7

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

I also have the same problem.

Pros,

Any resolution is available for this one?

I can see the photo on iPhone, J4W only not on iPad.

My setup is CUCM 9.1, CUPS9.1 & EDI integration to LDAP.

Hi there,

We actually discovered how to resolve this issue. We're currently formulating a response that is organized so the resolution is clear and concise. It may not necessarily work for you, however my guess is that it will. I will re-post once we have our documentation straight. Thank you!

Tigh

Hey Tiqh,

Thanks for the reply. I am glad you were able to resolve your issue. Could you advise whether you have formulated a workaround yourself or Cisco helped you with this and documented it somewhere (you could point me to that link perhaps as its urgent for me as  well to solve this).

Warm regards,

Pratik

Alright, so here's what we did to get you started. We used advice from point #2 in this link https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-28771:

**Disclaimer, I cannot guarantee that this will work for you, this is only what we did in our environment. That said, yours seems similar. We are sync'd with AD, however we're on 9.2 or rather the latest and greatest as of today. You may want to reach out to Cisco TAC to confirm this resolution if you have a current support contract.**

1. Open a web browser and navigate to your presence server. Once logged in, open the Legacy Clients Settings menu. (Application -> Legacy Clients -> Settings)
  2. Once the Legacy Clients Settings menu opens, check that the variable ā€˜sAMAccountNameā€™ is entered in the field directly to the right of the ā€˜Photoā€™ field under the second Legacy Client User Fields column (see photo #2 below, field that needs to be confirmed is circled in red). In our case, this field was blank. Once we added the needed ā€˜sAMAccountNameā€™ variable (waited for around an hour or so *see #3 below) the photos started appearing in our iPad clients.
  3. Again, once you add this variable, it may take an hour or so .... maybe longer or shorter depending on your environment .... because the presence server will need to sync the changes. I'm not sure if the iPad client is directly pulling the photo from AD based on a pointer on the presence server or if it's pulling the photo directly from a database on the presence server itself, however, I do know that a sync specifically needed to happen before we started seeing the photos. All we did was wait .... albeit, semi patiently.

I hope this helps, we know first hand how complicated this system can be. Feelf ree to ask any other questions if you have any. Good luck!

Tigh

Additionally, I noticed in that link that problem #3 mentions a solution to add the 'Photo' variable. Though we already had that variable listed, this could also maybe point to your issue.

Here is another link we used to troubleshoot with:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPad/9_x/JABP_BK_J3C828CB_00_jabber-for-ipad-admin-9-1-1_chapter_0100.html#concept_5831F0ADC359440CA5E7D9C63FF27766

This is actual Cisco documentation. Hope this helps!

Tigh

Thanks Tigh, I will try this out and update how it goes.

Tigh,

I tried out point #2 as per the link https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-28771

And photos have started appearing on the iPad.

Thanks for the help!

However, I am unable to see photos of users on child domain (I am able to see them on J4W - EDI integration).

Any clues here? Did you have multi domain LDAP sync/auth? We are using UPN as user ID due to this multi domain integration.

Warm Regards,

Pratik