cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Win v9.1 "Not Responding"

ktoddcox67
Level 4
Level 4

I wanted to see if anyone was having a similar issue with the beta release of Jabber for Win 9.1. We have it installed on a few Windows 7 machines and out of the 5 machines installed 3 work ok while 2 have hanging issues. One PC that is particularly troublesome runs version 9.0.5 without any problems but as soon as we update to 9.1 the program hangs with a "Not Responding" message. I have uninstalled and reverted back to 9.0.5 until I can figure out why this is a problem. Here is a screen shot of error we receive after a 2-3 minute hang:

I have attached a recent crash log also. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd Cox

National Cancer Institute

Rockville, MD

4 Replies 4

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, Todd,

Thank you for posting to the Collaboration Community. Since Jabber for Windows 9.1 is currently in beta release, I encourage you to post your questions and feedback to the EAP space in the Private Collaboration User Group.

https://communities.cisco.com/community/technology/collaboration/eap/jabber_windows_eap

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

Hi Kelli  - how do we get access to the private group?

Hi,

How do I gain access to the EAP?

Thank you for your interest in joining the Jabber for Windows 9.1 EAP. First, you must be a member of the Cisco Collaboration User Group, which is easy to join and free to use. You can register here:

https://communities.cisco.com/community/technology/collaboration/usergroups

The Jabber for Windows 9.1 EAP is only available to Cisco Collaboration User Group members at this time, so once you have joined then you can register to participate in the trial.

Hope that helps.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community and User Groups

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: