cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 10.6.6 Video, Screen Share, Screenshot and Attachments are not working

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

we have the following problem. There are two Jabber users in different regions/locations. Both Jabbers are in Softphone mode. They can call each other, they can IM and they can see the presence status. What is not working is screen sharing, video enable (webcam) and Screenshot or file sending in IM. It is only working in one direction, which means only the user in the branch locataion can use the features. They see the feature enabled and jabber is trying to establish a screen share or tries to send the screenshot/file, but it breaks up after a couple of seconds. When trying to start screen share, there is poping up the error message like "connection couldn't establish to external Host".

All these functions are working with jabber users within the same region/locatoin. The cucm CSF profile has a SIP profile assigned which has BFCP enabled.

Anyone an idea what can cause the Problem?

CUCM Version 10.5
Jabber Version 10.6.6 or 11.5.2

Regards

René

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If they're in different locations across LAN/WAN/MAN, I'd probably start by looking at my network, ACLs, FW, etc. anything that could be causing this to be just one way.

A simple test is to try that with local users where it works, get the PRT from both parties, and locate the relevant lines. Now you have a sample of what it looks like when it works.

Then try the same where it fails, get the PRTs, and compare them. See if you get anything on the remote end.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If they're in different locations across LAN/WAN/MAN, I'd probably start by looking at my network, ACLs, FW, etc. anything that could be causing this to be just one way.

A simple test is to try that with local users where it works, get the PRT from both parties, and locate the relevant lines. Now you have a sample of what it looks like when it works.

Then try the same where it fails, get the PRTs, and compare them. See if you get anything on the remote end.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I found out, that our Firewall blocked incoming traffic on port 37200tcp which is for file Transfer and also the high ports 49152 to 65535tcp for Screen share.