cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber For Windows Cannot Call Phone, (Error Code "CJ:2100:2") (Error Description "connection to phone service failed")

zmnashor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

Does anyone know what is shown by Error CJ: 2100: 2?

This happens when I log on Jabber with an internet connection

what should I do to solve this problem?

CUCM v10,

Jabber for Windows v12

Phone calls over LAN are not a problem.

Help me

Thanks for you responses

6 Replies 6

pwenger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

What does it mean when you say an internet connection?

If you don't have direct access to CUCM and you are on a public internet connection with your Jabber you will need to have Expressway in place. See here the design guide (page 25) https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/PA/enterprise/11x/clbpa116.pdf

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter

Thank you for the response
What does it mean when you say internet connection?

description
I have a CUCM server and also an Expresway,
I have a license for Jabber for Windows,

previously I had no problems when using Jabber for Windows, be it via LAN network or direct access from the internet / external.

Is this CJ: 2100: 2 Error due to the expiration of the Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence SSL server?

Thanks

Hello

Well, expired SSL certificates might be an issue. How is the status of all your trunks (CUCM-IM&P, CUCM-Expressway-C, Expressway-C - Expressway-E)? Do you also have the error when you are on a internal network? What about your internal and external DNS entries? One of the Cisco guys (Jamie Valencia ) here in the community made a good video how to configure CUCM and IM&P for Jabber : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdH50_zp4wc&list=PLFuOESqSTxEvZChqWgAJanctohRMe99CR&index=2

Regards

Peter

Hi, in this video I'm going to show you how to configure Jabber for Windows, and along the way, you'll also learn: A) How to configure your SRV records B) Some of the settings required for flexible JID / multi-domain in the jabber-config.xml file C) How to verify the SRV records are working fine ...

Alexey Y
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alexey

Thanks for the response

yes I have seen that post.
but I have not found the solution.

Regards
zmnashor

did you solve this eventually?