Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - Lock Status

Keith Klevenski
Level 5
Level 5

All,

Running Jabber for Windows 11.7.0 build 42920 using WebEx Messenger for IM&P with ADFS for SSO.  CUCM 10.5(2) for CSF.

If I lock my PC not active for 'x' amount of minutes my Jabber client will always say 'Active'.  I've seen bugs like this for older versions of Jabber, but I don't see anything for the latest release. 

I've logged out of Jabber for Windows and Jabber for Android, uninstalled, reinstalled, reset Jabber on both devices with the same results.  So far no one else in our company seems to have this problem as far as I know.

This is very disruptive as I have to manually set my status to 'Away' when I go to lunch or when I'm finished working for the evening.  Many times in the morning I won't notice that my status is still set to 'Away' since I manually set it the evening before.  I'm having to babysit my Jabber status constantly.

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Could you check if you face the issue only when you login from Jabber for Windows and Android simultaneously?

I mean, if you are logged in only from Jabber for WIndows, do you face this issue?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Could you check if you face the issue only when you login from Jabber for Windows and Android simultaneously?

I mean, if you are logged in only from Jabber for WIndows, do you face this issue?

Wow, I can't believe I didn't try that first!  Feel kinda stupid now, but yes, if I log out of Jabber on my phone when I lock my PC Jabber does indeed show as 'Away'.  I always looked at Jabber on my phone to determine my status since it always matches what Jabber for Windows says, but since I can't see my Jabber for Windows status when my screen is locked of course I assumed Jabber on my phone would show as 'Away' as well.  I didn't bother asking someone else to look at my status.

I guess this makes sense.  If I'm on Jabber on my phone then I'm not 'away', even if my PC is locked.  I need to determine exactly how this interaction works.  Jabber on my phone has an automatic away setting as well.  Does mobile Jabber consider you 'away' when you lock your phone?

Looks like more testing is required. 

Thanks again!

Keith

I will test this and let you know :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: