Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber iPad and Local Contacts

Fergusson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Started rolling out the iPad version of the Jabber in our organization. And figured out that local contacts from 'iPad contacts' application are not being imported into jabber.

As per this document this functionality should be supported:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPad/9_1/FAQ/JABP_BK_FC6C9F64_00_faqs-for-jabber-ipad-9-1-1.html

Q.

Are my contacts in the Contacts app available in Cisco Jabber for iPad?

A.

Yes, your local contacts in the Contacts app are imported when you first sign in to Cisco Jabber for iPad using your Unified Communications Manager account. When you're signed in to Jabber with your Unified CM account, the contacts you add in the Jabber app also get added to the Contacts app.

Is there any configuration I am missing? Using LDAP only does not make much sense as users can have number of business contacts stored in the local address book.

Thanks in advance !

5 Replies 5

billie.mcgee
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having this same issue.  Any assistance would be grateful

Same issue here. has anyone found a fix.

CuCm ver 9.1

IM Presence ver 9.1

IPAD IOS 6

Local contact do not appear when Jabber IM login is used

Local contact do appear when  CUCM login is used.

rohorgan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The reason you are not able to see the native iPad contacts is because you are logged into the CUP portion of the client.  Doc defect CSCue48567 has been opened to address the wording of this document.  If you log into only the UCM portion of the Jabber for iPad application you should be able to search your native iPad contacts.

HTH,

Robbie

Rohorgan, thanks for the reply.

Are there any actions within Cisco Development to enable this feature, " Native IPAD contacts via CUP login"?

C

Not that I know of.  The best thing to do about getting that feature would be contacting your Account/Sales team and asking to open a feature enhancement request.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: