Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber on IPad

jsulliva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Jabber on an Ipad, but the client "Fails to Get Configuration" from the Publisher (CUCM ver 8.6) server.  Note:  The Ipad can "chat", and get "voicemail", but cannot make calls and all desktop clients can run Jabber chat, video and voicemail, just the IPad client fails for the phone. 

Is there a field I need to set to allow my IPad to get its configuration?

Joe

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are two jabber options for iPad, which one are you using??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am using "Cisco Jabber" Ver 11.0.0.216277 64bit.    Both the instant messaging and Voicemail Work.  Being somewhat new our phones work on the PC's, but not with the I-PAD.  I'm using Cisco CUCM (Publisher) ver 8.6.

I've seen the exact same issue recently, the IM, VoiceMail, and WebEX connectivity all worked fine, but the Phone Services failed to connect. The issue with that particular environment was caused by the Certificate on the CUCM expiring, so I'd suggest you check there as a possible starting place.

Failing that, you may wish to move your discussion from the Video over IP section of the forums in to the Jabber Clients section where these issues are more actively discussed.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne for the tips on this, I moved this to the Jabber forum.   I'll investigate the Certificate expiring on the CUCM.