Replies

Jabber Phone Client iPhone 5 no audio

mgomez
Level 4
Level 4

Here is the scenario:

• I am working with an iPhone 5 with the Jabber Phone client installed on it
  • I am running CUCM 8.5 and the latest Jabber Phone client
  • I have the corporate wireless network configured on the phone and the phone is able to successfully connect to the wireless
  • I am able to successfully initiate a call from the Jabber Phone client to a phone within the corporation
  • I am able to successfully receive a call from a phone within the corporation to the Jabber Phone client installed on the iPhone

When trying to talk on the iPhone 5 using the Jabber client there is no audio from the iPhone. I have a similar setup on an Android phone using the same wireless network with no audio issues at all.

Does anyone know of any problems running the Jabber Phone client on the iPhone 5 with no audio coming from the iPhone?

4 Replies 4

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

By any chance, is the option "Low Bandwith Mode" enabled?

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

I know its a old post, But did you find the solution. ?

I`m having a similar issue with an Iphone 4 running IOS 7.0.4. The iphone connects correctly and i`m able to make calls and receive calls , but there`s no audio. Only when i put the Iphone on Speaker i`m able to hear the call. I checked if there were restictions in place regarding the use of the microphone/audio for the application but there are none in place. The internal Phone its working correctly so i did rule out any Hardware issue, i also tested the profile on another Iphone 4 and it works correctly. This sounds like an IOS issue but i dont seem to find any information searching on the internet.

The current version installed is Jabber 9.2(5).

Eddy,

From what I can tell.  Jabber 9.3.3 is required for IOS 7 support.  I believe they might be up to 9.5 now.  Hope this helps.

Thanks i`ll look forward to it.