cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber presence status when on phone

sgossen
Level 4
Level 4

Jabber V. 12.0.1 - UCM 11.5. Is there a way to have Jabber automatically show your presence status as "busy" or "on phone" etc., when you are on a call on your desk phone?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you don't have Jabber and only the phone for presence, if everything is configured correctly, you will see the user either offline, or as on a call as soon as they go off-hook.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you don't have Jabber and only the phone for presence, if everything is configured correctly, you will see the user either offline, or as on a call as soon as they go off-hook.

HTH

java

Jaime - first off, I gotta say I really appreciate all of your YouTube videos. They're always well done. I must have something configured incorrectly. I have Jabber configured to show presence - and it works. I can see my co-workers as AVAILABLE or if they lock their Windows terminal it shows them as AWAY. They can create custom statuses and those work. I have a co-worker in the next office - he was just on the phone and the BLF/Speed Dial button on my phone showed him on the call, but Jabber still showed him as AVAILABLE.

sgossen
Level 4
Level 4

I figured out the problem - we had never associated the DNs to a user. I've done that, and now it works.

Glad to hear that, yes, user/line/device association is very important for this to work, as well as the SIP trunk from CUCM to IM&P which is the one that sends that presence status.

HTH

java

Is there a way to lock down the Presence status to keep end users from changing their presence settings to override the defaults? Specifically, users tend to remove the "set as away if inactive for X minutes".

No way to do that, they can change their status and local settings without any central control

HTH

java