有帮助
回复

Jabber Sign-in mask doesn't start up

JonasH99
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with my Jabber Client.

I'm actually testing an end-user PC before enrollment to the user and tested the Jabber funcionality. 

When I start Cisco Jabber, it doens't show me the normal sign in mask. Only the Error "this site cannot be opened. Try again later" Like in the picture below. If I click "sign in" it immediatly return to that mask.

It also does not generate any logs at this point and I dont think that its a service orientated problem, because Jabber does not try to reach the SRV record at this point. 

To my system:

Its a split domain setup with admin tiering. If I login with my admin account, there is no problem. 

So its no installation error.

I think it's a GPO which is set for the end user account which im testing and not for my admin account. Maybe the GPO blocks kind of a script or something which the Jabber client needs to correctly start up.

Because im not the AD Admin of the system, I cant tell you exactly what GPO's are associeated with this account. 

My hope was that maybe someone can tell me "hey this behavior is caused because of XYZ script or whatever is blocked".

If you need more information, just tell me I tried to keep the post as short as possible. 

Thanks in advace

Jonas

1 个已接受解答

已接受的解答

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Per default, Jabber takes the UPN.domain of the Windows-profile and uses this for the SRV record. And if there are no SRV records for that domain, the lookup will fail.
Try to re-install Jabber via CMD with the following parameters:
msiexec.exe /i ciscojabbersetup.msi UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=false CLEAR=1

What can also be is, that you enabled oAuth in CUCM. With that, Jabber uses the internal browser to show the sign-in page and maybe he isn't allowed to.

在原帖中查看解决方案

4 条回复4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Per default, Jabber takes the UPN.domain of the Windows-profile and uses this for the SRV record. And if there are no SRV records for that domain, the lookup will fail.
Try to re-install Jabber via CMD with the following parameters:
msiexec.exe /i ciscojabbersetup.msi UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=false CLEAR=1

What can also be is, that you enabled oAuth in CUCM. With that, Jabber uses the internal browser to show the sign-in page and maybe he isn't allowed to.

Ok wow that worked.

I got the permissions to install the Jabber client manually and it worked the way like that. 

They will now specify the installation in SCCM and it should be fine. 

I'm not really getting the background of this behavior. I mean, for what does Jabber need my UPN in case of service discovery? And why does it find my admin account and not the end user account...

Thank you so much!!!

Like I've written: Jabber uses the UPN-domain per default.
In some customer environments, this domain probably matches the login-domain. But not always.
If you have questions, why Cisco set this to a default, you have to ask Cisco.

If your problem could be solve, I would appreciate an "accepted solution".

Hi,

I have to reopen this post.

I got new user synced with LDAP from AD and the same problem appears again. This time I can type in my UPN@domain and after that the same screen appears like in the attachments. 

SRV records are reachable from the client...

I installed Jabber in my Mgt Server to test and I can login with the users credentials without any problem. 

Must be something on the client side of the end user. Do you have an idea?