Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber SRV records - "translate" domain

I was wondering how you can tweak Jabber to point to the correct records when the domain of the end user does not match user's email.

Company name: acme.com

Email address: user1@acme.com

Office domain: usa.office.com

CUCM/IM&P domain: usa.office.com

Externally everything works because usa.office.com is an alias for acme.com and AD integration's and whatnot.

If the users logins to Jabber using user1@usa.office.com it works since the records where created on the office DNS, so I was wondering if there is a way for Jabber to "translate" acme.com to usa.office.com.

Creating the records on the external DNS (acme.com) is not desired. The Cisco Jabber DNS Configuration Guide doesn't mention anything like that.

Regards.

Rolando A. Valenzuela.

3 Replies 3

Nagajothi.t82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rolando,

You can try to set VoiceServicesDomain as usa.office.com for internal users, hence they will not be prompted to enter domain part for service discovery and the domain will be taken from VoiceServicesDomain parameter.

You can install jabber using command line. Check the command line arguments in this document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110_chapter_01100.html#JABW_RF_CF4EAB44_00

The description for VoiceServicesDomain might clarify more to you.

Regards

I'll try creating "_cisco-uds.acme.com" on the "usa.office.com" DNS/AD and update the thread.

Thanks!

Rolando A. Valenzuela

Creating the zone acme.com on the usa.office.com AD is not desired.

But it looks that's cisco recommendation - I think I'll leave it as it is, not perfect but it works if you change your email (bob@acme.com) for the domain you are in (bob@usa.office.com)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway-series/117811-configure-vcs-00.html

Thanks!

Rolando A. Valenzuela.