cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Windows 9.2.1 disconnects from voicemail shortly after login

Steve Snodgrass
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a weird problem with Jabber for Windows (9.2.1 build 606).  I'm using it with CUCM, IMP and Unity Connection, all version 9.1.  When I first start the client and log in, access to voicemail messages works fine for about 30-60 seconds, then the voicemail server suddenly disconnects - the voicemail tab is then blank and the connection status show as "Not connected".  If I sign out and sign back in without closing the client, I get another short window where I can access voicemail, then it disconnects again.  Any idea what is going on here??

This is basically a new setup, though at one point I did have voicemail working properly with an older version of the Jabber client.

6 Replies 6

Steve Snodgrass
Level 1
Level 1

I just downgraded to Jabber 9.1.5 and voicemail works fine, no connection dropping.  I will open a TAC case.

Hi steve,

Im facing same problem with jabber client 10.5.

Did you open TAC case ? How did you solve ur issue ?

Regards,

Steve Snodgrass
Level 1
Level 1

Alright, I figured this out.  Just in case anyone else runs into this problem, it is caused when a Jabber 9.2 client has access to TCP port 443 on your Unity Connection server, but can't reach TCP port 7080 (jetty).

Ian Jones
Level 1
Level 1

hi

is this still the case? I have the same issue

No, I fixed it, read my response.

yes I meant is this still a requirements.e to open port 7080 - don;t see it in the port requirments

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: