cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber (Windows or Mac) connectivity issues after network/hibernate change

CHRIS KALETH
Level 5
Level 5

We consistently have inconsistent issues with our Jabber clients coming out of hibernate mode and/or a change in network connectivity.  For simplicity I will narrow this to on-prem connectivity (happens over MRA as well).  We've had this issue with J4W 10.x up to 11.5.1.  The solution is to logout or close in task manager as the client "appears" to be not connected to CUPS and/or CUCM.  From the user standpoint the client is dead but I will occasionally see CUPS connectivity w/o presence working correctly.  Generally this happens after hours (not minutes) of inactivity.  When the client can't connect to CUPS or CUCM we can ping both servers with no issues.  I've opened TAC cases and the best I got was to reboot the CUPS server more often.  I don't hear about this issue too often so I assume this isn't widespread but would love to know how to get this resolved permanently. All CUCM and CUPS servers are configured as FQDN.  

Windows 7 

Jabber4W - 10.x & 11.x (current version is 11.5.1)

CUPS - 10.5.2

CUCM - 10.5.2

2 Replies 2

We have experienced the same issues you have mentioned. After OS hibernation our Jabber-Clients appear as offline (for both IMP and CUCM). After a couple of seconds the softphone as well as the directory successfully reconnect. Only presence needs about 5 minutes to reconnect and to show the correct presence state. This behaviour can be reproduced by manually setting the hibernation mode in Windows. The current workaround for this scenario is to restart the Jabber client.

Windows 7

Jabber 11.5.0

IMP + CUCM 10.5.2 OnPrem

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

Equally disconcerting is jabbers inablity to transition from Wired to Wireless networks seamlessly. We also have trouble with connecting back when moving from the office (hybernate) to home and connecting over VPN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: