Views
Helpful
Replies

Login Cisco Jabber Version 11.7

christianbernal
Level 1
Level 1

Good day !

One question I have configured the IM Presence Server version 11.0.1 and work for Jabber 10.5.5, the next way

I created the SRV for _CUPLOGIN to regiter in Cisco IM & Presence for predetermined server and work fine , but exists any way to configured in the first option Automatic ?? Is necessary created other SRV ?? 

And the second question for the Jabber version 11.7 advanced setting don´t appear.

What is necesary  configured aditional for the version 11.7 the Jabber??

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will only get the advanced setting if it fails to find the SRV records.

Try to login with a user in a bogus domain, and it should tell you it cannot find services automatically and to click advanced settings

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I try login with other domain but advanced setting don't appear in Jabber 11.7.1

I revised and find that is possible edit the .msi with Orca Software

In "This Link"

I try changed "AUTHENTICATOR" for CUP and CUP_ADDRESS for my IM present server address "192.168.1.1" but don't permit perform this change.

This its possible ? or How can configured the login for Jabber 11.7.1 ??

"Clear: [CLEAR]" "FallbackAuthenticator: [AUTHENTICATOR]" "PresenceServerAddress: [CUP_ADDRESS]" "PresenceServerUrl ......

Not sure what you're doing, try user@bogus.com and whatever you want for password. I get the advanced options everytime, the switches you mention, are meant to be used upon installation, but there's really no need for that, if you want a user to be IM only, just don't configure a device in CUCM and that will get the same result.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate