cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Place 2.1.1.2 Log In Issue

bspaulding11
Level 1
Level 1

This product is no longer supported by Cisco, but we have a client running Meeting Place Express 2.1.1.2 version.

We are currently getting an error upon attempting to log into the GUI.

Error:  Log In not available because of a system error. Please contact the administrator with current time and username information.

Have not upgraded the Callmanager or made any changes to system.  Reboot was performed without any resolution.  CLI is available with no issues.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Becky

8 Replies 8

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Becky,

Is the MPE integrated with CUCM via AXL for user authentication? Is this happening to all the end users?

Can local administrator account log in to the Web interface?

Can affected users log in to CUCM CCMUser interface with credentials used?

Thank you.

-Dejan

Dejan,

The local administrator account can't log into the GUI at this time. 

With the holidays, I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone onsite at the client to see if users can log into the system.  I'm waiting on a call back right now.

Becky

Hi Becky,

If you can access the CLI of MPE, please, verify the disk space: df -h

If you see that partitions like /opt are 100% utilized, please follow these instructions for clearing some disk space:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6533/products_tech_note09186a0080c13ffe.shtml

If any of the partitions were 100% full, after freeing some disk space, you should restart the server by running the command: reboot.

If none of the partitions is 100% utilized (especially /opt), then try to set the new password for the admin account by running the following:

userutil -p admin cisco

This should set admin account's password to 'cisco'. Try logging in with this account to the GUI. If that works, but end users still cannot authenticate, it is most likely the authentication via CUCM (AXL) is not working. Check the AXL configuration on MPE to find out to which server it is pointing for AXL connection, and then see if end users can authenticate to CCMUSER page on that server. If not, it is most likely that there is an issue with CUCM and CUCM needs to be restarted.

If that is not it, we will have to check what else might be the problem.

-Dejan

I can log in with a local user admin account I got from the client, but not the Domain Admin account.  When I try to log into the GUI with the Domain admin, the account gets locked by the system.

Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/cciss/c0d0p1     5.8G  3.7G  1.9G  67% /

/dev/cciss/c0d1p2     3.9G  934M  2.8G  25% /common

/dev/cciss/c0d0p2      33G  6.4G   25G  21% /db

/dev/cciss/c0d0p7     247M  4.3M  230M   2% /grub

/dev/cciss/c0d1p1      64G  111M   61G   1% /mpx-record

/dev/cciss/c0d0p3      22G  3.8G   17G  19% /opt

/dev/cciss/c0d0p5     5.8G   33M  5.5G   1% /partB

none                  2.0G   23M  2.0G   2% /dev/shm

Becky

Hi Becky,

Disk space is fine, and the fact that you can log in via local account shows that all seem to be fine on MPE side of things. Please, check if any end user can authenticate via CUCM CCMUser page. If not, the issue is with CUCM server.

-Dejan

Hi Becky, just to clarify the behavior a little bit more.

When MPE is integrated with CUCM via AXL for user authentication, the authentication process goes like this:

1. User A accesses MPE end user page

2. User A enters username and password

3. MPE sends this information to CUCM via AXL for authentication

4. If CUCM is integrated with LDAP, CUCM will forward that request to LDAP and once/if authenticated, CUCM will send the response to MPE and User A will be authenticated and be able to access the end user interface

If you use local account, like local admin, authentication is done on MPE as username and password for local accounts are stored locally on MPE.

Hence, if authentication for local accounts is fine, but not for accounts synced from CUCM and authenticated against CUCM, there can be several things wrong:

1. AXL configuration on MPE where the IP address of CUCM server is configured

2. CUCM server has issues with authenticating the user

I hope this clarifies it a little bit.

-Dejan

Fixed!

The CUCM Publisher Tomcat was not allowing GUI access to the Publisher therefore the MP was not able to use the GUI address in the AXL config.  Restarted Tomcat on CUCM Publisher and all is working.

Why are you able to put more than one address in the AXL config if it won't failover to the next one?

Becky

Hi Becky,

That is good news. Glad to hear it is fixed. The list of multiple addresses in AXL config is not for failover purpose. I am not sure what the original idea with it was, but I assume to at least show what CUCM servers are there so you can try pointing out to another server in case of a failure.

-Dejan