Views
Helpful
Replies

Meetingplace 8.5.5.2 no audio

cgeorgia4
Level 1
Level 1

Meetingplace 8.5.5.2 webex scheduling

From time to time users call internally the DN of meetingplace and they hear the usual opening prompt "welcome to meetingplace..."

Sometimes it happens that they call in and they dont hear any audio just silence.

On the phone I pressed ?  while we have the issue. The receiving counter does not increase so there are no RTP packets arriving to the phone. I took a sniffer capture on the meetingplace server itself and I see indeed that there is no audio sent to the ip phone. The only audio is from the ip phone to the meetingplace server.

I checked for bugs on the specific version but I could not find any. Does anybody have any bug id or if this is fixed somehow in a newer release. We can upgrade if needed but I need to justify it.

Also is there any way I can troubleshoot the no audio issue from the meetingplace logs ? Any file I should be looking in particular for errors ?

PS the sip media negotiation between the cucm and the meetingplace is fine. We play g711 all

1 Reply 1

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi, If you are running 8.5.5.2 version exactly, there is a known bug (CSCuc97947 Ports get stacked after call being ported from waiting room to meeting) that results in one-way audio. Description of the bug is too specific but many more scenarios are covered. It is fixed in the latest hotfix level for 8.5 version and you would need to reach out to TAC to get it, or you can upgrade to 8.6 version which is available on cisco.com and includes the fix for this defect. I hope this helps. Dejan