cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace 8.5 compatibility with MCS Server

Alpesh Sarvaiya
Level 4
Level 4

I am running MeetingPlace 8.0 on MCS 7835 I3-K9-CMD2 V03.

As per the below guidelines for new rls 8.5, it is recommended on UCS server with exception of MCS 7845-I3-RC2.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.5_--_Hardware_Requirements#Application_Server_Requirements

I'd like to understand if there is any possibility of upgrading the RAM to support the upgraded version of MeetingPlace.

Most of the documents mention about UCS compatibility with new version of MP but with the old customers having UCSS contracts, we are finding it difficult to convince them to buy new server. Has anybody come across similar scenario and continued with the existing MCS server? Please let me know the impact.

1 Reply 1

Derek Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Alpesh,

Looking at the data sheets for the 7835 and 7845, there is more of a difference than just requiring more RAM as all of the 7845s are Dual Intel processor MCS.

I couldn't find an exact match for the 7835 I3-K9-CMD2. The closest I could find is the CMD1 specced with a single Intel 5504 at 2.0 Ghz with 4 GB of RAM along with 2x146 GB drives.

The Application server requirements does list a 7835-I3-RC1 with the same specs (Single 5504 @ 2.0 GHz with 4GB of RAM and 2x146 GB drives), with the note that it cannot support multinode deployments.

Based on this, it looks like the difference is just the product ID as the CMD model appears to be the orderable ID for Communications Manager instead of MeetingPlace. Does the customer want to implement a multinode topology or are they looking to move to a single 8.5 audio-only deployment?

Thanks,

Derek Johnson

Conferencing TAC