Views
Helpful
Replies

MP 8.5 Express Media scheduling question

RICK CROWSON
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have MP 8.5 Application (express media/audio only). My understanding of the options for scheduling are, media conference manager  and webex scheduling. MeetingPlace Web scheduling is not supported for MP8.5. My questions are:

1- Can I use Webex Node only for scheduling audio conferences or do I also need to buy licenses for webex cloud in order to use webex scheduling?

OR

2- Will the 8.0 version of MeetingPlace Web work with the 8.5 verison of MeetingPlace Application (express media); for scheduling purposes only.

My understanding was the MP 8.5 Express Media solution was the migration path for MeetingPlace Express; which had web scheduling built-in.

thank you

Message was edited on June 5, 2013: Kelli Glass, Cisco Collaboration Community moderator, added community categories and tags for greater ease in filtering posts (no change to content).

1 Reply 1

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

MP Audio only is still supported with MP 8.5.  This allows you toschedule via Outlook.  What is not supported for new MP 8.5 clients is MPscheduling formally called Type 1 scheduling.

If you want to use the WebEx productivity tools to schedule a meeting thenyou need to buy WebEx licenses for WebEx scheduling.  All the scheduling is managed in the WebExcloud so it requires a WebEx site.

Note the WebEx Node is not used when scheduling WebEx meetings.  All meetings are scheduled in the cloud. It is used to allow internal only Web meetings and to aggregate internal usesnetwork connection to external WebEx cloud meetings.  With MP 8.5 theWebEx node is now optional.

If all you want is an audio only and do not require audio recording then allthat is required is MP audio only deployment on the MP application Server.

Yes MP8 or MP 8.5 with the Express Media solution replaces MP Express.  With both MP 8 and 8.5 there is no longer MPweb as there was with MP Express.

Hope this helps.

John