Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Device Messaging On-Premises

Joe G.
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm looking to utilize Multiple Device Messaging in our On-Premises deployment. We're currently on 11.5 for the CUCM and using 11.9 for Jabber.

Specifically, I'd like our users to be able to login at multiple workstations and maintain conversations. I understand that for MDM to work correctly the user would need to already be logged in at both locations. Is there anyway you could get around this by utilizing chat history logs that synchronize between the workstations? Would you need to have the log file directed to a network location that is shared between workstations?

On a slightly different note, we have the ability to send messages to offline users enabled but they aren't getting them. Can anyone think of some common issues as to why this would happen?

Thanks,

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MDM only works for logged in clients as you mentioned, there is no sync for the chat history, that is not a feature from Jabber or IM&P.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MDM only works for logged in clients as you mentioned, there is no sync for the chat history, that is not a feature from Jabber or IM&P.

HTH

java

Hey Jaime, 

I appreciate the quick response. Just out of curiosity, if you use the parameters to set the history log file location to a network location that could be accessed by two different workstations. Would it utilize the same file or create a new one at the start of the second instance of Jabber?

If I had to guess, I'd say it would make a new file once the second instance started since the file is already in use by the first but you never know.

Thanks,

Joe

I've never tried that, cannot answer that question. You'd need to give it a go and then you'll find out, I doubt it will work as you expect.

HTH

java

@Jaime Valencia Maybe you should try it. As a cisco representative, I find it quite discouraging that you continue to tell folks looking for assistance to figure it out themselves or that a feature all your competitors offer is not supported. I've seen your responses in multiple threads over the course of years on this subject, none of which you were helpful in any sense. @cisco You are about to lose a long term customer as I am fighting to keep your solutions in my company and support like this is not helping me to keep you in the game. I have a feeling if you allowed people to mark a reply as not helpful, you'd get far more feedback.