Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with getting the Host of a conference to not drop

jsalomon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just getting my feet wet, my office mate and I have been tasked to setup the CUCM/ Unity and E911, so we are doing lots of reading and watching videos.

I noticed that the default Feature group template did not have mobility or conference enable. I enable it; however, from some of the readings and videos, it says that this is only for when we import users. In my case I have already some users imported, so how do I go about getting them update?

This is my main issue, I activated conference and have a conference ID and pin, I can call the conference number and put in the conference ID and will be placed on hold;  when I test with the Host login and Pin I get disconnected after entering the Pin. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The SW CFB in CUCM only supports G711, if you're trying higher complexity codecs an XCODER would be invoked by the CFB.

Adjust your regions/dial peers so that you only speak G711 when using conference now.

The alternatives are:

Provide an XCODER or configure HW CFB and then enable the necessary codecs for your deployment.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anything you configure in a feature group template you can configure manually, refer to the online documentation for that.

Mobility is a group of features, so, no idea exactly to which one you're referring, in any case, there's documentation on how to set the mobility features.

Same for conference now, refer to existing documentation on how to configure media resources and conference now.

If you google any of those features, you'll find plenty of references, documentation on cisco.com, other people who have wrote their own guides and even videos.

Start by making sure everything is configured as per the guides.

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime,

Let me try to clarify, I can bypass mobility right now since this is not an urgent issue, need to mainly focus on the conference meet me option.  So here is the issue I am having and not sure what I am missing.

I have created a Conference Now directory number,  I am using myself as the host, I enable Host conference now on my account and added and attendee Access Code., I also added the Standard CCM Server Maintenance and the Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf groups permission to my account.  I can dial the conference number and enter the conference meeting number and conference a access code and I am able to get the MOH, when I try from another phone to call in as the Host, as soon as I put in the Host Pint number the call drops.  So, I am not sure what I am missing.

I have watched videos and read the part below and can’t figure out why as a Host I get dropped when I add the host Pin.

I am in the “System Configuration Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 12.5(1)” under Chapter: Configure End Users Manually,

I just saw your video on Conference me now and the only difference is that I already have my users imported and the template was not configure to conference me now.  All my settings are the same.

Thanks,

J

Jaime,

I saw your video on Conference me now, also gone step by steps on the CUCM 11 and 12.5 for Conference me now, and I still run into the issue that as soon as I enter the Host pin number the call drops.  I rand the RTMT and found this:  no XCODER device configured

I went back through the documentation and did some searches for the error, but cannot seem to ping point where my issue is. Do you happen to have some idea what I should check.

022/04/06 16:59:18.774|CC|OFFERED|46134632|46134645|1085|1070|b00120805025|SEPDC774C950D2D|CFB_5|134084be00105000a000dc774c950d2d|*
2022/04/06 16:59:18.775|MRM|REQ|XCODER|NULL|46134646|2,100,251,4.173913^*^*
2022/04/06 16:59:18.775|MRM|ERR|XCODER|no XCODER device configured|46134646|2,100,251,4.173913^*^*
2022/04/06 16:59:18.777|CC|RELEASE|46134643|0|*|*|0

thanks,

J

The SW CFB in CUCM only supports G711, if you're trying higher complexity codecs an XCODER would be invoked by the CFB.

Adjust your regions/dial peers so that you only speak G711 when using conference now.

The alternatives are:

Provide an XCODER or configure HW CFB and then enable the necessary codecs for your deployment.

HTH

java