Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help understanding serial on camera

Hello everyone

I have cisco telepresence sx20.I want to know product it's age and the location it was build.

Serial : A1AB15300108

Anybody have reference or document to explain ?

Thank you

7 Replies 7

Enrico Conedera
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Nattapong -

That serial number is from a Precision 12X camera, not an SX20.  You can find the serial number of the SX20 from the web interface, or by looking at the serial number sticker on the bottom of the SX20.

Hello Enrico

Thank you for reply. I want to know my camera age and location was build do you have document ?.

Please help

Hello - From your post I thought you wanted to know when the SX20 was built.

For the camera with serial number A1AB15300108:

Checking the documentation for serial numbers, this one doesn't actually fit.  Are you certain this is the correct serial number? 

The documentation states that "A1AB" means a 12X camera, and that the following two digits "15" indicate it was manufactured in week 15 of a calendar year.  But the next digit is supposed to be a letter, not a number, which would actually indicate the year in a code.  Something like this: A1AB15Cxxxx.

So I am not able to verify.  You might want to open a TAC case. 

Hello Enrico

Checking the documentation for serial numbers, this one doesn't actually fit.  Are you certain this is the correct serial number?

-I'm pretty sure this serial is correct

The documentation states that "A1AB" means a 12X camera, and that the following two digits "15" indicate it was manufactured in week 15 of a calendar year.  But the next digit is supposed to be a letter, not a number, which would actually indicate the year in a code.  Something like this: A1AB15Cxxxx.

- I think 15 is manufactured year if can reference from picture below but. This serial number A1AB15300108 bought this year I have another one telepresence sx20 camera serial A1AB23200306 bought 5 year ago that why I confuse to read my device was  build.

Capture.PNG

Thank you

The serial number format of LLLYYWWSSSS does not apply to your 12X camera.  That is for a different set of products.  You can tell because "LLL" is the first part (3 digits) whereas your camera has A1AB which is 4 digits.  Not the same format.

They have apparently added a new serial number format for the 12X camera, which is not yet documented on the internal Cisco wiki site.

I suggest you open a TAC case in order to find out how to read the serial number, in order to get the date of manufacture.

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

The serial number is for a PrecisionHD Camera 1080p 12x Gen 2 and the product ID is CTS-PHD1080P12XS2+

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-precisionhd-cameras/eos-eol-notice-c51-733469.html

Please refer to this thread in the Cisco Support Community on how to look up a serial number:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/lan-switching-and-routing/cisco-serial-number-lookups/td-p/1375234

You can also open a case with Cisco TAC to find the information.

Cisco Support - Software Downloads, Product Documentation, Support Tools, and Support Cases - Cisco

I hope this helps.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: