cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"an invalid certificate was declined" Error Cisco Jabber 11.1.1.223653 on iphone (iOS 9.1)

azeez.raheem1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have an iphone user (iOS 9.1) getting "an invalid certificate was declined. please contact your administrator. send problem report" with cisco Jabber (11.1.1.223653). I have read about a bug being the cause with older versions of jabber. Has anyone experienced the same problem with these versions or any advice on how to resolve this would be very much appreciated.

many thanks

4 Replies 4

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I've had some weird certifiate issues with Jabber. They were ultimately the result of the Jabber clients not supporting/being aware of clustered VCS.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Cheers Gordon, are there any fixes you can recommend?

For reference, TAC said I was hitting BugIDs CSCuv91020, CSCuv92383 & possibly CSCuv39341

They offered no workaround other than it would be fixed in 11.something Jabber clients. (I think they mentioned 11.5 - but don't quote me on that!)

I appear to have worked around it by making sure every VCS-E server is explicitly listed as a SAN in each VCS certificate. (Or, if your environment supports it, a wildcard cert would probably do the job too)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Many many thanks Gordon.