Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Share video player in webex meeting center session

When I try to share in webex meeting center an application that is a video player my colleagues tell me that images are cut and that the quality is very low. Is there a problem when sharing video players in a session?
Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

joe.cocca
Level 1
Level 1

Oriol:

Sharing a video from the desktop can be affected by many factors, the most common are "hardware acceleration", type of player, System Resources, OS  (you'll see Win7 Change color schemes), Upload Bandwidth available, QoS.  Also the frame rate of a desktop share may not serve the purpose of the media depending on the nature of the content, hence the comment about poor quality. (Desktop share is what 5-7 fps where as most videos will be 20-30 fps.. frames per second)

Do you know that you can share the file as a stream in the meeting? Share >  File > Select the Video. Best to have this file saved locally so it doesn't have to pull it across network drives. You may have to transcode the file depending on what type the original is.Try keep the file bitrate to <700 kbps and always test your encoding prior to the session. For me .flv work well. There are free transcoding software on the internet "Super", "VLan" ...along with "Media Info" (to understand the container that you are starting with). Windows media Encoder is also free, but .wmv is a lossy file format. Look into purchase of Techsmith "Camtasia Studio" for screen capture tutorials and so much more.

You could also download and open up the WebEx Recorder... use it to record the video as it plays. Save and play it back into the session as a .wrf stream... This works well for desktop captures for training purposes!! The recording can then also be saved as .wmv via the WebEx editor... all free, very nice, easy to use software tools!

..... Another possibility is to post it on you tube and drop folks off their to view, but everyone in that case may not be on the same page as it will certainly play/buffer at different rates for folks and there may be other content that they can tick on as well. Loss of control in a session may not be the best idea. When you stream the media, you can start, pause, replay and be assured that most everyone will be on the same page! Also Is recorded nicely in NBR.

Hope this helps you.... WebEx does this Media streaming so well!!

all the best

....jc

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Oriol,

Please refer to this document that details known limitations when running WebEx Meeting Center.

Known Issues and Limitations for Meeting Center | Cisco Cloud Collaboration Help Central

If you continue to experience problems, I recommend you open a case with WebEx Support to investigate your specific issue.

I hope this helps.
Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

joe.cocca
Level 1
Level 1

Oriol:

Sharing a video from the desktop can be affected by many factors, the most common are "hardware acceleration", type of player, System Resources, OS  (you'll see Win7 Change color schemes), Upload Bandwidth available, QoS.  Also the frame rate of a desktop share may not serve the purpose of the media depending on the nature of the content, hence the comment about poor quality. (Desktop share is what 5-7 fps where as most videos will be 20-30 fps.. frames per second)

Do you know that you can share the file as a stream in the meeting? Share >  File > Select the Video. Best to have this file saved locally so it doesn't have to pull it across network drives. You may have to transcode the file depending on what type the original is.Try keep the file bitrate to <700 kbps and always test your encoding prior to the session. For me .flv work well. There are free transcoding software on the internet "Super", "VLan" ...along with "Media Info" (to understand the container that you are starting with). Windows media Encoder is also free, but .wmv is a lossy file format. Look into purchase of Techsmith "Camtasia Studio" for screen capture tutorials and so much more.

You could also download and open up the WebEx Recorder... use it to record the video as it plays. Save and play it back into the session as a .wrf stream... This works well for desktop captures for training purposes!! The recording can then also be saved as .wmv via the WebEx editor... all free, very nice, easy to use software tools!

..... Another possibility is to post it on you tube and drop folks off their to view, but everyone in that case may not be on the same page as it will certainly play/buffer at different rates for folks and there may be other content that they can tick on as well. Loss of control in a session may not be the best idea. When you stream the media, you can start, pause, replay and be assured that most everyone will be on the same page! Also Is recorded nicely in NBR.

Hope this helps you.... WebEx does this Media streaming so well!!

all the best

....jc