cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark updates triggered my AVG Antivirus (Trojan Horse Agent 13.AR)

taha.karachi
Level 1
Level 1

I was updating Spark and I was prompted by my Antivirus for Trojan Horse Agent 13.AR. Even I tried to download fresh setup from web (official) still same issue. I tried disabling my antivirus and installing it again but now its not proceeding further for installation. Help!

3 Replies 3

jhoersch7772
Level 1
Level 1

I have the EXACT same problem... I had a notification that there was a cisco spark update and I clicked to update and then AVG notified me that the virus:  trojan horse agent 13.AR resided on my computer.  I clicked to remove the threat, which it did, however, now I have NO INTERNET access! I have been using my phone as a hotspot trying to figure out what is going on.   Let me know if you find a fix!

There is no fix yet. I actually have stopped updating spark and mostly I'm using it through my Windows Phone.As far as functionality is concerned, the desktop app still works fine without the update. Even the new installer from the web is triggering AVG.

pantelis1
Level 1
Level 1

First thing first. Compare the md5 of the installer to identify whether other AV engines report this file as trojan/malicious (you can use virustotal.com)  and report the file / md5 to AVG as false positive

@janelle, regarding your internet access issue, could tou provide more information?(i.e. Is you DNS working, what is the error message you are getting)

Thanks