cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRV for BDI resolved problem to connect with AD?

JulianHp
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have a problem with jabber, i have cucm 11 and im&p 11, and jabber 11.7, sometimes some users can not connect completly into te jabber services, the AD dosent respond, i read on a datasheet there is a SRV for the BDI services but me question is, ¿its SRV work to resolve this problem?

Directory Server Discovery
CiscoJabbercanautomaticallydiscoverandconnecttothedirectoryserverif:
• TheworkstationonwhichyouinstallCiscoJabberisontheMicrosoftWindowsdomain.
• TheclientcanretrievetheaddressofthedirectoryserverfromaDNSSRVrecord.
SRV RecordDirectory Server
_gc._msdcs._tcp.domain.com
_ldap._msdcs._tcp.domain.com

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber clients do not reach out directly to the LDAP server for login process, they proxy the authentication request via CUCM, those SRVs are for directory resolution, not login.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ok, so if i cant search no one from the directory in jabber, this SRV can help me?

Only if your jabber client is on a machine on a Windows domain, which most usually are Windows machines, and in such case, you would be using EDI, not BDI.

Have you properly configured the directory config as per the Jabber config guides?

HTH

java

i have configure with EDI, we used EDI for mac to, so i think the problem with mac users we can resolved configure the BDI,  i see on the jabber config guide for 11.7, they say that i can configure the XML from jabber <PrimaryServerName>, because i dont have problem to login, but if a try to look for someone, no one appears.

You CANNOT use EDI for MAC, EDI can ONLY be used with Jabber for Windows, all other clients, rely on the BDI config.

HTH

java