Helpful
Replies

Unable to share desktop on Jabber via Expressway

iptsupport
Level 4
Level 4

Hello ,

I have expressway version 8.7 .

if two user connected to jabber via Expressway I can't share desktop .

is it support in version 8.7 ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

jabber desktop share is not feasible over MRA. This is because for desktop share , RDP is been used which is internal to network. refer the below bug.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuz19139/?reffering_site=dumpcr

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

jabber desktop share is not feasible over MRA. This is because for desktop share , RDP is been used which is internal to network. refer the below bug.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuz19139/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Hello Varundeep,

Do you have any idea when this will be? We are a Cisco partner and also a Microsoft gold partner. We sell Lync and Cisco. From experience I can tell that the user experience for a Lync user if he/she is in the office or outside the office is the same, no difference.

Unfortunately for a Jabber user the user experience is not the same when in the office or outside the office, like no desktop share, issues with pictures, issues with directory search (only UDS, although maybe the LDAP proxy feature might solve that?)

For Cisco it should be a number one priority to make the user experience better and the same in all situations. The last years Cisco has done already a lot, but is not yet on the same level as Lync/Skype for business.

Jan

Video desktop share (BFCP) is supported over MRA already. IM only share based on RDP is not planned to be supported over MRA. Long term plan is to support a video desktop share from an IM only session (similar to P2P video) which could traverse MRA. No date for this at this time

Thanks, didn't know about BFCP, shall try it, and in a future release sharing from IM session over MRA would be very useful

Jan