cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users cannot join Webex meetings in locked-down RDS environment

unimatter
Level 1
Level 1

We have a locked down RDS environment, users are not allowed to download or run exe files. How can we setup Webex on our RDS servers so that users can join meetings without software downloads or java?
We have already tried installing Webex Meetings MSI (both IE and Chrome versions), and the Chrome Webex Extension, but users are still prompted to download and run "Cisco_WebEx_Add-On.exe", which they cannot due to security restrictions.

We had no issues with GotoMeeting, just deployed their MSI and users are able to join/host meetings without downloads.  Hope we can make it work with Webex as well.

5 Replies 5

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

Do you use Cisco WebEx Meetings Server or WebEx SaaS?

-Dejan

WebEx SaaS.

Unfortunately, this community is for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server (on prem) product and is not observed by WebEx SaaS experts. I would suggest reaching out to WebEx SaaS support directly - 1.866.229.3239, reference your WebEx Site name, and see if they can provide detailed guidance on what would be the best approach to the issue you are experiencing.

I hope this will be of help.

-Dejan

Thanks for the info.  Where is the Cisco community forum for WebEx SaaS?  I searched and searched and could not find one, so ended up here.  I must be missing something, it cannot be possible that Cisco doesn't have a user forum for WebEx!

There is no community for WebEx SaaS. 

-Dejan