Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex is not working on Ubuntu 12.10 & 13.10 :- CWMS 1.5 mr3

Hi,

does CWMS 1.5 mr3 (WebEx) support to Ubuntu 12.10 & 13.10 OS to join meeting ?

Browsers :-Firefox 27 & Chrome 32

Any information will help us

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pratik,

There are many things that are not supported in CWMS that are supported in the Cloud. CWMS is a brand new product and features are added with any new release. I don't know if Ubuntu was ever considered to be a supported OS with CWMS, but at this time, I know it hasn't been tested, and hence it is not supported.

I don't have any more detais about this.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pratik,

CWMS 1.5 MR3 supports only Mac, Windows, and iPhone/iPad running IOS 5.1 and above. CWMS 2.0 includes also Android platform. Ubuntu is not supported OS.

-Dejan

Thanks dejan for reply.

But we also have cloud webex with that Ubuntu os is supported to join meeting. ! (using firefox 27 & Chrome 32)

Does Cisco have any road map to build or enable support for Ubuntu OS with latest chrome & firefox browsers for CWMS 1.5 or 2.0 future new versions?

Hi Pratik,

At this time, to my knowledge, Ubuntu is not on the roadmap for CWMS. If you think this would be of great benefit to a larger customer base, I would advise you to reach out to your Cisco Account Team and ask them to file an Enhancement Request to Product Management.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

will check this with our account team.

But can you help me to address following queries

Q1. As it it supported for Cloud-WebEx then why its not for CWMS ?

Q2. Is there any technical limitation for support ? or Security risk etc

Hi Pratik,

There are many things that are not supported in CWMS that are supported in the Cloud. CWMS is a brand new product and features are added with any new release. I don't know if Ubuntu was ever considered to be a supported OS with CWMS, but at this time, I know it hasn't been tested, and hence it is not supported.

I don't have any more detais about this.

-Dejan