Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex meeting keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when presenting

Vshafiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have been having severe connection issues to Webex. As I am hosting a meeting and presenting I get intermittent disconnects to Webex and get an error message that my connection to Webex has been lost. Today I was presenting and got disconnected around five time during a 75 minute call. Webex disconnects for about 10-20 seconds and reconnects. I have to share my screen again as my participants can't see what I am sharing after the disconnect. My network connectivity is fine, I am able to browse online and have wifi connectivity. This happened two weeks ago and today. This is serious as it is impacting my meetings. Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Terris.norton01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

WebEx recommends using a LAN connection. If your modem is in your home office, see if you can plug your laptop in using the ethernet cable. WebEx is very Bandwidth intensive. That is why it drops. Also, depending on the service provider, QOS may not be configured. That would give video traffic priority. I hope that helps.

Terri Norton 

CCNP

james mahoney
Level 1
Level 1

This started happening to me in the last 1-2 months.  Webex was flawless for two and half years prior with no equipment changes.

It starts with the video feed incoming freezing and then the incoming video goes to black, then my camera shuts down and it all comes back in about 15-20 seconds.  Have not had any similar issues with other video conferencing platforms.  I removed webex and reinstalled, I also upgraded my mac OS to 13.1 from 12.something and it still does this.  Hard wire connection to the modem is not an option and has worked fine for a couple of years.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: