Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Meeting Server and EMC Source One

hanlykent
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Unfortunately, our company is stuck on Cisco WebEx Meeting Server  version 2.0 MR9 due to the following limitation:

EMC SourceOne

WebEx Productivity Tools does not support EMC SourceOne. Users of EMC SourceOne can experience performance issues.

I believe this limitation does not only apply to on-premise  WebEx deployment, but also WebEx cloud.

With the need to upgrade our other internal systems/devices that WebEX 2.0 does not support, unfortunately this limitation could be the end of WebEx in our organisation.

I was hoping whether someone from Cisco with knowledge of the WebEx Software roadmaps could answer whether there is going to be fix to remove this limitation. 

1 Reply 1

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

At this time, 

There are no plans to work on this limitation. Still, I would advise you to talk to your Cisco Account Team and present the importance of this interoperability for your organization so they can discuss it with Product Management and see if it is something that can be addressed in the future.

The problem is not just with CWMS / WebEx SaaS code but with EMC SourceOne as well.

Kind regards,

-Dejan